Sunday, February 12, 2012

5 Week Results!!

Happy Sunday everyone. First, I want to say what a wonderful Sunday morning service we had today. It was all about rituals and traditions - both religious and non-religious - that keep families bonded and close. As a mother of a young one, it's both exciting and intimidating to know that Luke and I are "in charge" of creating and continuing traditions and rituals that Isla will grow up with and one day pass on to her own children. Here is the prayer for the week:

Dear God, you communicate your love for us most essentially through the incarnation of Jesus Christ. Remind us how you use the things of the earth, relationships and human activity to recall, to bless, to commit and to hope. We give thanks for the many ways we participate in your loving presence, including song, dance, symbols, worship and much more. Bless us as we embrace rituals and traditions that bring us into your presence with faith, hope and love. In the name of Jesus, the one who broke bread that we might share in the bread of life, Amen. 

Our church is also starting various book study groups to read Max Lucado's Fearless. I'm going to see if my mom and sisters are interested in joining one of the set groups, or starting our own. Have any of you out there read the book? I'd be interested in your comments. Thanks!

Okay, now on to my 5 week FXB results from yesterday's testing. First, I'd like to give a shout out to the Good Lord who made the temperature below zero yesterday. The FXB staff decided not to have us run the mile because they'd rather we show up to class Monday ready to go than pull some major muscles on the ice cold run. Woo hoo!

My inches and pounds lost results are less than impressive - mostly due to the increased muscle I've been gaining; but, my increased push-ups and sit-ups really tell the story of how FXB has been working!!:

Chest (-) 1 inch
Waist (-) 1.5 inches
Arm -same-
Thigh (+) 1/4 inch (yikes :)
Hips (-) 1/2 inch


Weight (-) 4.4 lbs
Body fat (-) .7


Push-ups (+) 25 !!!
Sit-ups (+) 13 !!!
Sit & Reach (+) 1 inch


I'm ready to rock and roll for the next 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment