Monday, February 6, 2012

Lyndsay Texas Ranger

Note(s) to readers: Chuck Norris can not only hear sign language, but he can strangle you with a cordless phone.

Unbelievably AWESOME kickboxing workout this morning!! Our instructor really pushed us today; I mean, they all push us every day, but she was ready to rock 'n roll this a.m. When we were all doing jumping jacks during our warm-up, the instructor asked if anyone's team won the Super Bowl last night. There must not be many Giants fans in class because there were only a couple of mumbles. I took that opportunity to give a loud shout out to THE CHICAGO BEARS!! Yeah baby :)



Oh, and another note: make sure to have a banana mixed in with your brown rice/vegan protein. It's still far superior to whey as far as how I feel afterwards, but this morning we were out of bananas and my shake was a little bitter with just ice, water and POM juice.

My lovely and talented sister-in-law, Kate, gave me a recipe for Quinoa and Black Beans which looks delicious. I plan on making it tonight; if it's as good as it looks, I'll post the recipe here later.

PS: I made some more of that lightly sweetened porridge yesterday and loaded the heck out of it this time with pecan pieces. I CANNOT overstate how good that stuff is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment