Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mommy Dearest

My mom came with me this morning to FXB so she could check everything out - I'm really hoping she decides to join the next 10 week program. This morning was upper body resistance training - thanks to being sick all week, the last time I did an upper body workout was more than one week ago. I was definitely feeling it this morning.

Also, I've been wanting to move toward a more whole foods/plant based diet for some time now and after watching Forks Over Knives, I'm done procrastinating! We're making the move baby. Luke says he's on board with everything - my sister Kelly and my mom are also getting on board too. Watch the movie if you have time - watch it even if you don't have time. I already ordered plant based protein powder for my morning shakes; it's going to take a few days to get here, so this morning on my way home from the gym I stopped by HyVee to see if they had any vegan protein powder (as it is often called). Surprisingly, they did! I don't know much about the brand, but it'll do until my regular stuff gets here: MLO Brown Rice Protein. The powder is wickedly fine and mixes well into the shake, but there is more of a grainy feeling when you drink it than with regular whey protein. Get past the grainy texture because the taste is really good!

This move to plant based and away from animal based is going to be a journey - I'm so picky when it comes to certain foods, but I'm dedicated to figuring out a way to do it. My first step is to do away with all dairy products. So, I know I've recommended certain yogurts on this blog before and they're still fine - this new diet just does away with all animal based foods so the yogurt has to go too. Anyway, I'm pretty pumped that Luke is on board. It's important to have a good support system around you when you make big changes in general, but particularly when they involve diet. Have a great weekend everyone! Oh, since I was MIA all week I'm not going to give myself a "cheat day" this weekend since I didn't earn it through working out. BUMMER! 'Cause tomorrow is the Super Bowl. Oh well - the Chicago Bears aren't in it so it'll be a big YAWN for me :) Oh, if you're watching the game with any huge Tom Brady or Eli Manning fans, the first time one of them throws an incomplete pass yell "Man! He throws like a kicker!" :) That'll get people riled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment