Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday

I woke up at around 5:30 this morning with more energy than I knew what to do with. I went to 8:00 a.m. church service with my mom and the lesson was all about service to and for others:

All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.


Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me...'


'Truly I tell you, whatever  you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'


[Matthew 25; 32-40].


I'm reminded how important my role will be in Isla's life to show her how to care for others and just how to be a good person in general. I hope one day she will be as proud of me as I am of her every day. Have a wonderful week every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment