Thursday, February 9, 2012

Poopy Plank Party

Alliteration aside, yesterday and this morning have been jam packed with awesomeness! You would have been so proud of me yesterday morning. My husband wakes me up at 6:45 a.m. (when I'm normally already on my way to class); apparently, I shut off my I-phone alarm instead of hitting snooze at 6:00 a.m. Yikes. I shot up to a sitting position and then abruptly slumped down thinking I would just miss class because there was no way I'd make it on time. That thinking lasted for around 30 seconds until I said, "To heck with being late, I'm going!" I threw on a sports bra and some crappy workout clothes and ran out the door. I got to class ten minutes late; everyone was just finishing up the warm-up so I jumped right in with kickboxing and made sure to stay late for extra credit ab work. The coolest part? No joke, The Eye of the Tiger played on the radio as I sped towards FXB. BAM! That's what I'm talking about! During our kickboxing workout the instructor had us doing various planks inbetween our time on the bag....over, and over, and over again. My stomach and lower back were TIGHT!!

After class, I met Luke at Isla's head check appointment. Because Isla was a micro-preemie and spent over three months in this world and in gravity before she was supposed to make her appearance, the docs always measure her head shape (because some kids need to wear helmets for flat parts on the back of their heads, etc.) for symmetry, etc. Isla's head is fantabulous and never has to come back for any more head measurements! In celebration of this awesome event, I then took Isla home where we waited for a nurse to show up and administer Isla's Synagis shot :( Poor baby. It's an immunization of sorts to prevent RSV in kiddos at higher risk during RSV season. After her initial look of betrayal and crocodile tears, we snuggled and watched Breakfast at Tiffany's. I thought all was forgiven. THEN, during her afternoon nap, Isla had a blow-out poopy diaper that was then smeared on her bedding and railing and on Isla's back and fingernails. EPIC. Here's a picture of what my little darling looked like after I got over my initial shock :)


What a stinker!

This morning's upper body workout was good. I feel like I'm straining my neck too much on some of the shoulder exercises, but it's hard to pinpoint because my form looks good in the mirror???? Anyhoo, maybe I just need a massage. Yeah! That's right! I need a massage. Man I'm good at diagnosing myself :) Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment