Friday, February 10, 2012

No! I do NOT want a car wash!

It was FREEZING this morning and windy as can be. I had to stop for gas on my way to FXB, and on days like this I wish there was a temperature sensitive automatic shut-off valve for the dumb questions asked before you can actually get the gas into your car; i.e.: Would you like a car wash today? NO....thirty seconds later...Would you like a receipt today? NO!!!...thirty seconds later....okay, pump your gas now. Well, I would, but my face and hands have frozen off and crashed to the ground in a million pieces :)

This morning's kickboxing workout was officially the best one yet. Man oh man was it tough today. We were on a continuous loop of kickboxing, plank work and running and/or squatting between different bags today. Our instructor would give us "breathers" throughout the 45 minute workout that consisted of sit-ups or plank work. Ouch - but MAN I feel amazing! What an awesome way to end the first five weeks of workouts. Tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. we have retesting so I'll let you know how much more awesome I am now than when I started FXB January 7, 2012 :) We'll redo the mile run, sit-ups, push-ups, body fat %, body measurements and the v-sit and reach. I'm looking forward to everything but the mile because we run outside and GUESS WHAT? Suprise, suprise, it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow - possibly negative temperatures in the early morning. Fantastic. I'm wearing my runner's face mask and a hat tomorrow; I don't care how much I resemble a cuter version of Hannibal Lecter :)

Oh, good tip for those of you that get tired of drinking plain water all day. I've been making green tea throughout the day and then putting it over ice in a big 32 oz container. Green tea is SO good for you (unless you're pregnant) and it's a great way to shake up your boring water without adding unhealthy sugars or artificial sweeteners. Have an awesome weekend and keep your fingers and toes crossed that I do a great job tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment