Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sick Daddy

Good morning all - Last night my mom and sister took my dad to the ER because he could barely walk, had a fever over 102 and couldn't go to the bathroom. I went to my folk's house to be there while the twins and Avery were sleeping. Apparenlty my dad was really dehydrated and had a possible pneumonia on his chest xray. For those of you that don't know much about my dad's cancer history, this was actually good news! We were worried that the chemo had given dad another blood infection (of which he could have died) like he had the month Isla was born (they were hospital roommates for a couple of weeks). He was given two bags of fluid and was sent home around 4:00 a.m. They're running a bunch of blood tests of which we'll get the results sometime today. Needless to say, I did NOT go to my lower body FXB class this morning. All three of the girls were up at various times throughout the night in semi-meltdowns because they wanted their mommy. At one point, all four of us were snuggled together on my mom's bed. To make matters even more awesome, I'm hacking up a lung - AGAIN! Seriously, I need to be prescribed a bubble to walk around in. I get sick maybe once a year and since starting FXB I've had some form of sickness 5 TIMES in 6 WEEKS!! I don't get it??? Physically, I'm in the best shape I've been in four years, but obviously my immune system is working at a (-) 10. *sigh* First day of juice fast today. Already made 32 ounces of carrot/orange juice and 32 ounces of my mean green. That should last me for most of the day (along with boatloads of water). Please pray for my dad everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Your father continues to be in my prayers<3 Praying for healing and strength!
    XXOOXXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! He's feeling much better this morning - now if we could only get him to drink lots of fluid without all the requisite nagging we'd be even happier. Thank you for your friendship and prayers.

      Delete