Thursday, January 19, 2012

Feels like (-) 23

That's what the air temperature felt like with the wind chill this morning on my way to work out. Wanna know how I remembered that number for my wonderful readers even after obliterating my mind and quads to mush with this morning's lower body resistance training? I had to remember "Bad! Bad! Michael Jordan!" :) That was his number right? I'm more of a football fan.

Oh, and can someone remind me why I ever liked jumping rope when I was a kid? I've been staying after most mornings for "extra credit" workouts (usually abs). This morning we jumped rope for 2 minutes. If that doesn't seem long to you, go get a timer and a jump rope. Then talk to me :) After that we alternated straight arm planks, elbow planks, and a push-up position for around 4 minutes without putting our knees on the mat. Yikes. I did it, but I'm not going to lie, my butt went up in the air a couple of times when I needed to rest. Do what you can baby!

I'm drinking a super delicious shake this morning. This is one of my favs:

Water
Oikos Fruit on the Bottom Greek NonFat Yogurt (strawberry)
Small banana
TB raw honey
2 scoops protein
Ice

Sooooooooo good! Oh, and if you're looking for a healthy, balanced yogurt - I really recommend the Oikos brand. The total carbs are only 19g BUT the protein is 12g! That's a nice balance of protein to carb ratio. Plus, it tastes pretty damn good for a fat free yogurt. I'm more of a strawberry or blackberry girl; but, the other day I did buy some peach and that made for a nice, light tasting shake too.



In other news, I have a sore throat! (I'm shaking my fist dramatically toward the Heavens!). God still had the good grace to help me get to my workout this morning with a smile on my face and a Halls cough drop in my mouth :) Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment