Monday, January 23, 2012

PFC Lucille

Man was I a hot mess this past weekend. The sickness finally caught up with me and I missed my first FXB class on Saturday :( I was NOT happy about that, but boy did I need the rest. I pretty much stayed in bed most of Saturday and Sunday - except for a quick trip to the grocery store on Saturday to buy more cucumbers, apples and ginger for my "Mean Green" juice. Saturday was cold, windy and snowy so I wore what anyone would wear in that situation: a navy blue doo rag tied into my hair, a puffy winter jacket and black snow shoes that resembled combat boots. The piece de resistance was my bright red lip gloss (I couldn't find my chapstick and my lips were dry from coughing - my lip gloss was the only thing I could find that had extra moisturizers in it). That's right folks, I was Lucille Ball incarnate if she were attending storm trooper training. CLASSIC.

My meals this weekend were also way out of whack - not because I was eating crap so much as I just wasn't eating enough. Between sleeping and taking my meds, I basically subsisted off of protein shakes and juices. Last night during the New York/San Fran game something came over me and I annihilated half a bag of white popcorn. FOR SHAME! I know! I was delirious and sincerely hoping San Fran would stick it to the mealy mouthed younger Manning.

We're back on track this morning though. I just had a great kickboxing workout and, despite feeling like I was on the verge of hacking up a lung or passing out depending on how deep my roundhouses were, really worked hard. I'm still a little shaky as I type this, but I knew there was no way I was going to miss another workout. I'm positive I feel better now than if I would've slept in. My protein shake is making its' way down my gullet and I'm going to stop at the grocery store on my way to the office to pick up some healthy food for the day. Fake it 'till you make it people!

No comments:

Post a Comment