Wednesday, January 18, 2012

POWERHOUSE!

According to today's kickboxing partner, Jason (veteran FXB), I have a "powerhouse left hook." That's right people! You'd better WATCH OUT :) Fantastic work out this morning - we worked our butts off. The last five minutes was an ab fatigue blitzkrieg. Instead of lowering my legs gracefully to the mat when we were allowed to put them down, I'm pretty sure I THWAPPED! them onto the ground with a groan. That's just pure awesomeness rearing it's gorgeous, pain-filled head baby! Yeah!

When I got home, Isla was sleeping and Luke was in the livingroom. I forced him to have a quick flex off - he won, but BARELY. He thinks he's SO cool with his 6 foot 2, 230 lbs of muscle. Whatevs! :) Speaking of my little Isla Badila Muffin, if you've ever wondered about my motivation, look no further than this little firecracker:


She and I like to jam out in the mornings after my workouts to songs like Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain," The Pixies' "Where is My Mind," Kenny Chesney's "You and Tequila," Rhianna's "We Found Love," DEV's "In the Dark," Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds' "Stay or Leave," and, Tool's "The Pot" and "Vicarious." Our taste runs a little eclectic sometimes :) Isla thinks I'm a pretty sweet dancer - at least that's how I interpret her laughing and double hand wave in my direction. Have a wonderful day everyone. Drive safe! Still kinda' slippery out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment