Friday, January 20, 2012

Ugh

Snow, snow, snow, snow..... *sigh* I still made it to work out this morning, but I drove a max speed of 20 mph the whole way there. Good workout today - my throat is still sore so it felt like I was a lot thirstier than usual. It took forever to get back home. Luke is going to stay home with Isla today b/c she was up all night coughing. I might stay home for at least half a day so Luke can get outside and snowblow our driveway and sidewalks. Yeesh. It's just one of those days, you know? I think being sick is sucking some of the perkiness out of me :)

Oh, my juicer came yesterday! I made my first juice last night based on the "Mean Green" recipe from the flick I told  you about earlier: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. The juice included the following:

6 kale leaves
1 cucumber
2 green apples
4 celery stalks
1 piece of ginger
1/2 lemon

It wasn't bad! No joke. I'm going to make another one this morning for my mid-morning snack. I just got done having an unconventional protein shake (at least for me). I wasn't really paying attention and put my husband's chocolate protein in my mixer instead of my usual vanilla. Added some water and BLUEBERRY flavored non-fat Greek yogurt with ice. It wasn't bad! Isla sure seemed to dig it when I let her take a small sip. Okay, I've got to SNAP OUT OF IT! :) Have a wonderful day everyone and please drive safe - this snow is going to continue to fall until mid-afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment