Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Found My Hamstrings!

First day of resistance training this morning using resistance bands. I've always been a free-weight girl and have never tried the bands. I always thought, "Bands, really? Pu-lease! I'm hardcore. I don't need no stinking bands!" Um...I stand corrected. The bands were AWESOME. We worked lower body and abs today and man did I feel it. By the end of the hour my legs could have been backup dancers for Beyonce they were shaking so hard! Since I signed up for the 7:00 a.m. classes, Luke has been in charge of getting our lovely little lady, Isla, to daycare in the morning. He was just leaving the house as I got home today - I was pretty pumped from my workout (read "borderline psychotic") and ran up to Luke. I stuck my left thigh out and said "touch it, go on, touch it" but in the voice Ben Stiller used in Starsky & Hutch when he tells Vince Vaughn to "do it!" Since I was blocking Luke's path to the car he was forced to comply but I'm pretty sure he was impressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment