Monday, January 16, 2012

I keep hitting repeat peat peat peat peat peat!

Great kickboxing workout this morning! In between sets, I held my plank position for well over a minute. My tummy muscles were burning but it felt great! I had so much FREAKING energy this morning :) I stopped off at Hy-Vee to pick up some greek yogurt, carrots, pickles and thickener (for Isla's bottles) - I was bouncing back and forth on the balls of my feet chatting up the lovely blue hair behind the checkout line. I hope I didn't make her nervous :)

Sooooooooo, what did I do for my cheat day? Actually, I controlled myself pretty well. I ate well the whole day except for lunch I allowed myself some pepperoni pizza and a Coke. So decadent :) Later that night, I had a protein shake for dinner while I watched poor Tebow lose big time to the Patriots; I allowed myself some white popcorn as a snack. That was it! Not bad, huh? Pizza and popcorn. Back in the day I would have had pizza ALL day long, maybe some Mexican food, a couple sodas, you get the picture. But I'm feeling so good lately - like the old me - that I decided to hold back on the junk food.

So far I've eaten PERFECTLY since the start of my ten week FXB classes. The key everyone is PLANNING, PLANNING and, if you have some extra time, PLANNING! Make sure you have the good stuff around you at all times. Don't plan a protein bar as a meal, but have some on you in case of emergencies. I've been able to get through every day without having to resort to one of those trumped up candy bars. The key for me has been raw carrots. I'm such a baby when it comes to vegetables - I pretty much won't touch them unless it includes carrots, or steamed broccoli, corn, etc. Well, since I'm not steaming any broccoli at work during the day, I munch on baby carrots so I can get in around 3 servings of vegetables. I also always have bananas and pecans on hand in my office. Lots of water. You know the drill people :) Have a fantastic week everyone! My sister, Kelly, is starting her paleo diet (hunter-gatherer, unprocessed foods) today and is popping by for some before pictures this morning. We'll have to check in with her down the road to see how her diet is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment