Friday, January 13, 2012

My shoulders have stopped working!

Okay. This morning was TOUGH. I think this week finally caught up to me and landed in my right shoulder. Well, either this week caught up to me or my upper body workout yesterday - one or the other. Anyhoo, we had kickboxing this morning. Every time I hit the bag with my right arm I felt like my shoulder was not cooperating. Even though I was working my butt off and sweating like a fat kid in a sauna, my punches just didn't have the right "oomph" behind them. I still feel good because I know I worked out until I hit muscle exhaustion - it just felt like the exhaustion hit sooner than usual. Every day I know I'm getting stronger and stronger so I just need to brush off this morning and hit tomorrow's class with the same intensity I try to do every day. I couldn't stay for extra credit sit-ups this morning because I had to be at court by 8:45. I considered briefly showing up in my work out outfit, red sweaty face and crazy hair, but changed my mind and got my butt home to clean-up and change :)

Luke made some DELICIOUS pork lettuce wraps last night (he made chicken lettuce wraps last week that were to DIE for, but he said none of the chicken breasts looked good last night). I'm not sure what all goes into these bad boys; I glimpsed mushrooms, red bell peppers, fresh ginger (yum), garlic? I know there's some special sauce that goes in as well, but I haven't figured it out yet and he's holding his cards close to his chest. He usually won't tell me how he makes stuff unless I watch and learn how he does it. It makes sense. He knows I'm lazy and just like to wait for the awesome dinner; this way if I want to know a special ingredient I have to put in some effort. Personally, I think he just wants me near him in the kitchen because I'm so awesome :)

Have a wonderful day everyone! The weekend is almost here! I have one more workout tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. (lower body resistance training) and then I'm off Sunday. I'm supposed to have one day each week where I can throw caution to the wind and eat whatever I want. In the past my "reward day" was always Sunday. However, the thought of waking up early Monday morning for resistance training after a day of eating deliciously unhealthy foods is not appealing. I think I'll make my "reward day" tomorrow after my morning workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment